With crispy chickpeas, roasted sweet potatoes, broccoli, spiralized beets and tahini
Prepare the ingredients
– Preheat the oven to 425F
– Peel and chop the sweet potato into 1 inch cubes
– Chop the broccoli into small florets
– Bring a medium sauce pan of salted water to a rolling boil
Roast the sweet potato
– Place the sweet potato cubes on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper, season with salt and pepper, add 1 tablespoon of oil and mix. Roast for 20-25 minutes or until the sweet potato is cooked.
Blanch the broccoli
– Add the broccoli to the saucepan with the boiling water and cook for 1 minute, then drain and fill the pan with cold water. Leave the broccoli in the cold water for 1-2 minutes, then drain.
Prepare the chickpeas
– Drain the chickpeas then place on a cutting board or a baking sheet lined with paper towel. Pat the chickpeas dry with paper towel to remove all moisture. You can use a kitchen towel if you prefer instead.
Finish the chickpeas
– Preheat a pan over medium-high heat and once hot add 3 tablespoons of oil, followed by the chickpeas. Arrange the chickpeas in a single layer in the pan and cook for 3 minutes undisturbed, then stir, cook for 3 minutes undisturbed more, stir, then cook for 2 minutes undisturbed. Add the seasoning blend, salt and pepper, stir and cook for 5-7 minutes more, until the chickpeas are crispy. Take off heat.
– Divide the sweet potatoes, chickpeas, broccoli and beets between 2 plates, top with tahini. Enjoy!