Cauliflower “Wing” Pizza
With Vegan Ranch And Arugula
Make the cauliflower
– Take the dough out of the fridge and bring to a room temperature
– Preheat the oven to 475F
– Preheat a pan over medium-high heat and once hot, add 1-2 tablespoons of oil, followed by the cauliflower florets. Cook for 2-3 minutes, until the cauliflower gets some color, then add half of the Frank’s Red Hot sauce, stir and take off heat.
Make the sauce
– Finely chop the garlic, then place in a small saucepan with 1-2 tablespoons of olive oil, place over medium heat and cook for 2-3 minutes, or until the garlic gets fragrant. Add the crushed tomatoes, the remaining Frank’s Red Hot sauce, stir, bring to a boil, taste and adjust seasoning as needed, take off heat.
– Add 1 tablespoon of the sauce to the cauliflower and mix
Prepare the dough
– Lightly oil a baking sheet
– Working on a clean, dry surface, gently stretch and roll out the dough to a 1/4-inch thickness, using your hands and a rolling pin (a wine bottle or a glass works too). Carefully transfer the dough to the lightly oiled baking sheet and brush the top with oil.
– Place the dough on the bottom rack in the oven for 3 minutes
Assemble the pizza
– Take the dough out of the oven, brush with the sauce, arrange the cauliflower florets and red onion slices on top and place back in the oven on a middle rack this time for 8-10 minutes, or until the edges of the dough are lightly brown. Take out of the oven, add the arugula and let rest for 2 minutes.
– Spoon over the vegan ranch over the pizza and cut into squares. Divide and enjoy!