With Vegan Sausage And Crispy Brussels Sprouts
Prepare the ingredients
– Finely chop the onion, celery, green pepper and tomato
– Slice the vegan sausages on an angle
– Preheat the oven to 425F
– Rinse the rice a few times until water runs clear
Cook the vegan sausage
– Preheat a deep pan or a pot over medium-high heat and once hot add 2 tablespoons of oil, followed by the vegan sausage, cook for 5 minutes or until browned, stirring occasionally. Take out of the pan and leave the pan on the stove.
Cook the jambalaya
– Add the onions to the pan you were using for the sausage and cook for 5 minutes, add the celery and green pepper and cook for 5-7 minutes more, until the vegetables get some color. Add 1-2 more tablespoons of oil, the seasoning blend, rice and cook for 2 minutes more, while stirring. Add the tomatoes, season with salt and pepper, add 1 cup of water, bay leaves, turn the heat down to low, cover and cook for 15 minutes or until the rice is almost cooked, stirring occasionally. Then add back the vegan sausage, stir and cook for 5 minutes until the sausage is warm and the rice is all the way cooked. Taste and adjust seasoning as needed.
Make the brussels sprouts
– While the jambalaya is cooking make the brussels sprouts. Pick the leaves off the sprouts, place on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper, season with salt and pepper, add 1 tablespoon of oil, mix well with your hands and place in the oven for 7-10 minutes, or until lightly browned and crispy.
– Divide the jambalaya between 2 plates and top with crispy brussels sprouts. Enjoy!