With Red Kidney Beans And Crispy Brussels Sprouts
Prepare the ingredients
– Finely chop the onion, celery, green pepper and tomato
– Preheat the oven to 425F
– Rinse the rice a few times until water runs clear
Cook the jambalaya
– Preheat a deep pan or a pot over medium-high heat and once hot add 2 tablespoons of oil, followed by the onions, cook for 5 minutes, then add the celery and green pepper and cook for 5-7 minutes more, until the vegetables get some color. Add 1 more tablespoon of oil, the seasoning blend, rice and cook for 2 minutes more, while stirring. Add the tomatoes, season with salt and pepper, add 1 cup of water, bay leaves, drained can of beans, turn the heat down to low, cover and cook for 15-20 minutes or until the rice is cooked, stirring occasionally. Taste and adjust seasoning as needed.
Make the brussels sprouts
– While the jambalaya is cooking make the brussels sprouts. Pick the leaves off the sprouts, place on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper, season with salt and pepper, add 1 tablespoon of oil, mix well with your hands and place in the oven for 7-10 minutes, or until lightly browned and crispy.
– Divide the jambalaya between 2 plates and top with crispy brussels sprouts. Enjoy!