With edamame, avocado, cucumber and seaweed salad
Make the rice
– Rinse the rice a few times until water runs clear, then combine with 2 cups of water, add salt and bring to a boil over medium-high heat, then cover, turn the heat down to low and cook for 15 minutes or until the rice is cooked. Once the rice is cooked, add the vinegar mix and stir, with a wooden spoon preferably.
Make the shoyu sauce
– Bring a medium pot of salted water to a boil
– Finely chop the white parts of the onion, and slice the green parts on an angle
– Combine the white parts of the onion with the gf tamari, sesame oil and the juice of 1/2 of a lemon, mix.
Prepare the toppings
– Cut the cucumber into thin matchsticks
– Chop the avocado into cubes
– Cut the nori in half, then stack the 2 sheets together and cut on a diagonal, to get 4 triangles
Make the edamame
– Add the edamame to the pot with the boiling water and cook for 2 minutes, then drain
– Divide the rice between 2 plates, top with the avocado, cucumber, edamame, green onion tops, nori, and top with the shoyu sauce and seaweed salad. Enjoy!