With sweet potato in sriracha vegan mayo, avocado, cucumber and seaweed salad
Make the rice and quinoa
– Preheat the oven to 425F
– Rinse the rice and quinoa a few times, then combine with 2 cups of water, add salt and bring to a boil over medium-high heat, then cover, turn the heat down to low and cook for 20 minutes or until the grains are cooked. Once cooked, add the vinegar mix and stir, with a wooden spoon preferably.
Make the sweet potatoes
– Peel and chop the sweet potato into cubes, season with salt, pepper and add 1 tablespoon of oil. Place on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper and roast for 20 minutes or until the sweet potato is cooked.
Make the sauce
– Finely chop the white parts of the onion, and slice the green parts on an angle
– Combine the white parts of the onion with the sesame oil and the juice of 1/2 of a lemon, add salt and mix.
Prepare the toppings
– Cut the cucumber into thin matchsticks
– Chop the avocado into cubes
– Cut the nori in half, then stack the 2 sheets together and cut on a diagonal, to get 4 triangles
– Mix the sweet potato with sriracha vegan mayo
– Divide the grains between 2 plates, top with the avocado, cucumber, sweet potatoes, green onion tops, nori, and top with the sauce and seaweed salad. Enjoy!