Tartines with white bean mash, cucumber and microgreens
With green leaf lettuce and radish salad
Prepare the ingredients
– Preheat the oven to 425F
– Roughly chop the green lettuce
– Thinly slice the radishes
– Finely chop the shallot and the parsley
– Mash the garlic into a paste
– Slice the cucumbers on an angle
Make the beans
– Place most of the garlic into a cold pan, leaving about 2 cloves worth for the baguette, add 1-2 tablespoons of oil and place over medium high heat. Cook and stir for 3-4 minutes or until the garlic starts getting golden, add the drained can of beans, season with salt and pepper, add the seasoning blend and cook for 3 minutes. Mash the beans right in the pan and cook for 2-3 minutes more, then take off heat. Add water if the mash becomes too thick.
Toast the baguette
– Combine the remaining garlic with 1 tablespoon of oil
– Slice the baguette in half horizontally, brush with garlic oil and season with salt and pepper. Place on a baking sheet and toast for 7-10 minutes in the oven, or until the garlic is fragrant and the baguettes are light golden.
Make the salad
– Place the Dijon mustard, juice of 1/4 of the lemon and 2 tablespoons of oil into a large salad bowl and whisk together, add the parsley, shallots, and season with salt and pepper, mix. Add the green lettuce and radishes to the bowl and toss to coat in the dressing.
– Spread the white bean mash over the toasted baguettes, top with sliced cucumbers and microgreens. Season with black pepper, salt and a drizzle of olive oil. Cut each tartine in half.
– Divide the tartines and salad between 2 plates. Enjoy!